claire's baby

Thursday 4 June 2009

DESIGNER BABY BUMPS



As many of you already know I'm a pretty big art fan. I love to draw and paint and have displayed some of my work on this blog. Well just the other day I was checking out some cool and funky art on google. It was then that I came across something a little different BODY PAINTING FOR PREGNANT WOMAN.
So with my love of art and yes me being pregnant I decided to take a look. Wow not at all what I had expected but in a great way. This stuff was fantastic, creative, fun and funky, I was Interested and wanted to find out more.

The designs were by an artist named Julia Laderman. Julia is easily one of the best body painters I have ever seen. Julia is based in Brighton. She says the bigger the bump the better. Eight months on wards seems a pretty good time to get a pregnant belly jazzed up. Prices start at around £650 and you would need to be prepared to spend the whole day having it done. Once painted next comes the photo shoot. A highly experienced photographer will take the shoots any way you fell most comfortable. 

All body paint is water based making it easy to wash off. And guess what lady  lunch, drinks and snacks are provided throughout the day ( GREAT NEWS FOR ALL MUMMIES TO BE ) 

Well it maybe a fair bit of money but how often are you pregnant? With a minimum of two 10x8 and four 7x5 images it's a great keepsake to show the baby when there older. I'm only 14 weeks but I'm thinking about booking in for a little bump painting, That gives me around four months to save me Penny's lol.  

If your expecting and want to see and find out more then check out embody or email info@embody.org.uk You can also find out more by calling +44(8)7803 12192 
Would love to hear your comments on what you think.

1 comment:

  1. This is so neat! I think in a parenting mag once I saw they would paint their bellies for a contest. It was really neat-the winner had done an aquatic scene.
    tina :)

    ReplyDelete